QLC

I always ask myself about myself this past few months. I think I am having my quarter life crisis. 

It first started when I left The Philippines. All I knew back then is I want to get out. Get out and do what I want to do. To be free. and experience this so called independence other 20+ year old people are experience. The feeling of not answering to anyone but myself if I made mistakes. I didn’t know that being a preschool teacher can bring me to another place. So I grabbed it.

I left my country with a smile. I’m excited. I’m scared. I’m ecstatic. Arrived in Singapore with a smile too from my friends who picked me up at the airport. From this day, I never shed a tear of leaving my home. All I can think back then was. “This is it Rocell. This is what you want right, since you were in high school: To  live a life on your own.”

Don’t get me wrong guys. I don’t have any problems with my family. Yes I have a fair share of the usual love-hate relationship to my daddy, mommy, brother and sister. But at the end of the day, Our love for each other defies it all. I love them so. My parents and sibs love me so too (I know, they never fail to let me feel it and I’m forever grateful to God for giving me an awesome family) 

Now I got what I wanted. I tasted freedom. What now? So many times I’m acting on the expectations of someone else (society, parents, “friends”) simply because I don’t know differently. I thought doing things correctly is my ticket to happiness (not saying it isn't). But there’s more.

And now I am back on asking myself: What do I really care about? What’s not working with my life? What do I want in life???

I don’t know what I want my future look like. Heck, everyone of us doesn't really know what our future will be. But some people do know what they want. Asking myself again, “What’s my future would look like?” Well, I just want to be happy in the future. Please don’t ask me how. Everyone has their own techniques on how to succeed the most coveted prize in life: HAPPINESS.

This is my personal emergency. I call it an emergency because emergencies immediate attention right? hehe... But seriously, I think Quarter Life Crisis is an emergency. 

EDITED*

I am now trying to be the best I can be in every aspect of my (quarter) life. 

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard about... Prawning?

Bolshoi Ballet Dances Their Way to Singapore

AdidasLove