Bolshoi Ballet Dances Their Way to Singapore

It was a spur-of-the-moment. I didn't expect my Friday ending like this. I just watched a ballet. Not just any ballet company--it's Bolshoi Ballet. And not just any ballet classics--It's no other than Swan Lake. 

Bolshoi Ballet was founded in 1776 and is one of the world's oldest and famous classic ballet companies with a heritage of more than two centuries, based at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow, Russia -- Deepa Chatrath from her message in the free programme 



Also, Bolshoi ballet has only visited Singapore twice (1990 &1992) ! After their 20-year absence, they finally came back (thanks to Patek Philipper as their Art Benefactor) I really love what Mr. Vladimir Urin said to his message on the programme:

"Russia & Singapore are separated by a long flight, but I believed that both the artists and the audiences will be united this great production"

Indeed I was. When I was lining up to get in (it's all sold out by the way 'til Sunday), my heart was thumping excitedly. Since I'm going alone, I really didn't care taking pictures of everything I see all by myself! 


The 'ceiling' of the Esplanade Theatre
The show's venue was at the Esplanade. The Durian-shaped theatre/mall. Since I didn't expect that I'm watching a timeless ballet that night, I was dressed so casually! All the people in front of me and at the back are wearing heels, dresses, suits, long pants.. I was wearing this. 

Me doing a selfie shot with my apple juice during the 20 minute intermission while standing beside a glamorous Ang Moh.

The exact same clothes I wore at work. FAIL. But good thing I was wearing a good watch though.

My entrance to my seat.
Before I say my piece about the show, Just to let you guys know I;m not a ballet enthusiast. I do not know what's the name of the jumps they do. I'm a mere person who is always at awe when I see people dancing ballet because I feel they put in a lot of effort and sacrifices to achieve on what they love, what they are passionate about. I didn't take any pictures (which is prohibited by the way, but i can see some people still do it) because I just want to focus and see and just get off line for 3 hours and watch. Just purely watch. Not multi-task. Just watch. 





It was magical for me. All the dance they made was remarkable. I didn't even noticed the time because I was so enthralled with what I'm looking at! Prince Seigfried is sooooo good (and very sexy) and the ballerina who both playes Odette and Odile is so good from transforming her dance from gentle moves then being firm when she showed up as the 'Black Swan". Also, there was this part where there are 4 ballerinas dancing with their hands intertwined and those dancers NAILED it! They danced their piece perfectly! Good thing I was sitting to a guy whom I feel knows more about Swan Lake. He knows when to clap at the right time. So I gladly follow. :D

Flying Solo (Not. Of course she was there with her Mum. Lucky Girl)

She represents me last night. Seeing Bolshoi Ballet perform the SWAN LAKE is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity I guess. I mean, I'm not planning to go to Russia anytime nor Russia is not on my go-to when I think of places to travel. I felt like a kid all over again. Seeing the whole Swan Lake production come to life in front of my eyes is quite surreal. 

Thank you Bolshoi Ballet for showing what entertainment was centuries ago. Where there were no ipads, ipods, TVs, smart phones. Thank you for continuing nurturing the arts and keeping the traditions. Thank you for safeguarding this timeless ballet across generations. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard about... Prawning?

AdidasLove