My History of Desktops (and Tips on How to Organize your Icons)

Let's talk about our desktops: our virtual desktops. In the real world, I'm a mess. Really. My parents know, my roomie knows, Lester knows (he sees how messy my bag could get). But, as I mature*, I started to organizing things. I start going to Ikea. But since I got my own laptop back in 2010, I was organized with my virtual files. I want my my files and folders to be kept good. I want a clear view of my Windows Desktop. So here's a history of what my desktop looks like:

Exhibit A: Rocellits

I got a little bit obsessed with Rainmeter. I kept looking, and looking, and looking, and looking, for the best of the best of the best tool for my desktop. Look at the time there: I finished this very simple look at two in the morning! What am I thinking! But I was so in love and proud with this. This is very me. :)

Exhibit B: Overboard

I went overboard. I found this Gaia pack and got, again, obsessed with it. There were too many to choose from! Though, I remember I was very happy that time when I finished the look. :)

Exhibit C: THE Wallpaper

The wallpaper was taken by me in Langkawi. Nice shot right? During this time, I think I was obsessing with PS Actions. Again, Rainmeters are used here. I just love how it gives me a warm feeling before I dive in to children's portfolios

Exhibit D: Him

 Then I fell in love. <3 I was too busy living my life in the real world so no obsessions online.

Exhibit E: Current
So, this is my desktop now. :) The wallpaper is the same as all my gadgets:
Proof



I just love the how serene-looking the wallpaper is. Love. Love Love.

As you noticed, I always have a ribbon on the upper-left of my desktop with a heart--well it's really cute and it reminds me of my mantra: Just Love. 

So where are my icons that I rarely use? I think it depends on how people use their machines. I mean, some people like it there so they can see all the things, and some like it clean--like mine. I use Fences. It hides your icons and organize it!

FENCES! and programs I super rarely use.

There you have it! I know you are smart enough to think of the pros why a cleaner desktop is the way to go. :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bolshoi Ballet Dances Their Way to Singapore

Have you heard about... Prawning?

"My Mommy Said..." (Sabi ng Mommy Ko...)