Have you heard about... Prawning?

After my classical encounter with Bolshoi, I was very hungry. I met up with Lester and Edison for "supper" in Bishan (I had sting ray and fried rice, just the usual) The place happened to have a Prawning Spot. I'm very grateful they let me try this. :)


with my bait and rod! Oh that's OOTD when I went to see Bolshoi! EEck!

The rod is just a rod. No whatever thing attached to it except the wire and the hook! You think it's easy? No lah...



It's not! You got to be really patient... Plus I think it's a good place to hang out. Talk while 'prawning'


After a couple minutes...


No Prawns yet! Lester❤ introduced me to this cutie patootie sweets! With toothpaste-like tube and...


Ice cream cones! Four small ice cream cones!!! Soooo cute!!! We don't have this in PH, I think. 


Got to squeeze the icing and put it on top of the cone. And just gobble up the whole thing! Then it happened...


My first catch!
It was awesome! I got excited and screamed a little I guess. I bet there is a singlish term for me for the reaction I did (I bet too that it isn't a good singlish term) But I just couldn't contain myself! Haha!

After less than two hours...



I got three prawns. lol :)) We could barbecue it but it's just three prawns. So we just gave it to the nice lady in the cashier and she said she would give our prawns to people who didn't catch any. :)

The experience was very very fun. To be honest I was hesitant to try it at first because when I see the people prawning they don't look like they're enjoying it. Well Lester is right, it's not meant for LOL and runnning around, Prawning is for bonding, talking, and chilling out and being purely bliss out when you catch a prawn. :) 

We don't have Prawning spots in the Philippines, I really don't know why. Maybe bonding, talking, and chilling out can happen anywhere in PH. Like in the streets (inuman), Malls, at the side of the church, or just in front of your house or at the garage or in the living roomm. Maybe because here in Singapore, most of the people live in HDB, and, I guess, it's not their culture to hang out inside the house and if they chill out outside or drink, it's going to be expensive and noisy, etc. So prawning I guess is the next best thing. :)

Prawning is $18 per hour in Bishan. But you'll definitely spend more because you're going to get 'hooked' with it. ;)










Comments

  1. Hi Rocell, thanks for sharing your life to all of us. It'll be a nice way to get to know more of you here. I'm looking forward to reading your adventures and hope that we can make more together someday (if you're not busy). And btw, yes, we have that ice cream cone in the Philippines. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bolshoi Ballet Dances Their Way to Singapore

AdidasLove