Moonshine Jungle Tour: The Pros & Cons of Seating in the $300++ Chair

#DizIzDMoment 14 Dec 13
"It's definitely a date 😎 #KeepingItCool #ScreamingInside #YesImHashtaggingMyFeelings by @rocellits"




I remember pretty well we booked our Bruno Mars ticket last December a spontaneous one. "Just book it!", Lester said. 
Though, I was really pushing Lester to watch with me, because he hasn't been to a concert before! like, ever. So that makes it less spontaneous.

Plus, I believe Lester is a closet no. 1 fan of Bruno Mars. He has Bruno Mars on his phone, on his CD, and he would always sing-along when a Bruno Mars song is playing on a radio. Major signs that he is, undoubtedly a no. 1 fan of Bruno Mars. And as a girl friend, I have duties and responsibilities to unleash this  We really don't have any choice because the Mosh area ($190++) is sold out and left with the most fancy ticket, the $300++. 

Fast Forward to 2014:


We weren't counting the days to the concert day. Nevertheless, I downloaded the album just to prep up myself and sent it to him too. I think we started counting down three days before the concert. haha! Then there were days we would sigh and asked ourselves why did we pushed it. I'm more excited on the fact that Lester's going to his first concert ever and I feel that Bruno won't disappoint him.



Let's see this Bruno Mars
We went to work like a normal day, and knocked off the usual time too. Usually, when you're going to a concert, and you want to be in front of the crowd, you would make an effort. Some people would take a leave, prep up, go dress-up, and start lining up to get the best space. It depends on how much a fan you are. 

Pro #1: THE ticket

Since we got the 'fancy' ticket, we had seat numbers. We literally bought our space. We took our time, went around the stadium, had dumplings and Iced Lemon Tea, and started making our way to the North Entrance at around past 7pm-ish. 

Us, roaming around. 


Look! No Line!
Fancy Tickets
 When we got it, well we are welcomed with nice food stalls (Pro #2): hotdogs, popcorn, 2 beers for $25. and a merch store exclusive for the fancy tickets. 


Our seats are at the right side of this picture, 


Our View




View from the seats. the angle is different but it doesn't look that far though. 


wearing our favourite watch :)



Our plush velvety seats Pro # 3 

Pro #3: We waited very comfortably. Like, really relaxed. we are just people watching, and taking our time. That doesn't happen when you are in sold out concert.For me, sold out concert means sticky, shoulder to shoulder experience. I'm not trying to brag here or anything, but I was looking for that kind of feeling. Which brings me to:

Con #1: The No-Hype.
I felt like I'm just watching a basketball game. Nothing grand, nothing special. An irony from what we just saw outside the stadium. No line, nice carpet to walk in, a lot of usherettes to usher you, but for the 'We Are In A Bruno Mars Concert!!!!' feeling? Meh. 


Until they closed the lights and started playing cool loud music. I knew anytime Bruno Mars will come out, but it happened so fast! The palm trees drapes fell very quickly and Bruno Mars was on the stage singing Moonshine!

Seconds before those drapes fell!


Sold Out


Boom! There He was!!!
 I was so shocked!! I dropped my phone on my bag and started screaming! haha! I wanted to stand up, but only a few--very few stood up. :(

Con #2: Damn Those Seats

Well, to be fair, those seats are way too comfortable to leave it alone. But it's a pop concert! People should be standing up and swaying the moment the first song is playing! Kudos to the people (mostly caucasians) who jumped up from their seats to support Bruno Mars. For me, I couldn't take it anymore and pushed Lester to stand up too on the second song. Bruno Mars even made a remark to stand up.



Hello Singapore!


Hello Singapore!


Awesome lights.









Pro # 4: Dance it baby
I was sooo happy dancing around. It's like one happy dance floor. I wasn't even feeling shy shaking my tiny booty. haha! Bruno Mars is so awesome! He sounded like in a CD! Slow dance, fast dance, you name it, I did it. lol


"There was an ang moh who was sitting behind us. He poke Lester at the back and Lester thought he would let us sit down as we were dancing (are asses off) in front of him. But instead, he offered to take a picture of us and we didn't asked for it!! Thank you kind ang moh! Moonshine Jungle is awesome!! Bruno Mars is one epic dude. Thank you for making our night worth remembering ❤ And oh, if this is Lester's first time watching a concert, this is also my first time watching a concert with a guy I'm in❤ with. :) by @rocellits"


Lester being so adorable: He grabbed me when Bruno Mars was singing Just The Way You Are

Pro #5: There's a space to rest
This couldn't get even better. Well anyone can get tired from dancing. So those damn seats are just waiting for you to rest without being stepped on by the crowd. Plus! You wouldn't miss anything because you can still see him singing!

Saying Goodbye

All That Gold Paper. Magical

Encore.



It was really awesome... Like, crazily awesome. Am I complaining with the tickets we have? Nope. I'm just here, writing about what I felt that time. I felt that, me and Lester were missing the sweaty and sticky part of the concert. I bet that would be a different experience for both of us. Although, with the life that we have now, The fancy ticket was worth it. I didn't compromise my work, my time, and comfort. It was a superb experience.


Lester's reception to his first concert: Naturally hilarious. :))) I'll save that when we got to talk in person. It's so much better when facial expressions are present. :))



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard about... Prawning?

Bolshoi Ballet Dances Their Way to Singapore

AdidasLove